How are you Friends, hope you all are well so. Today, we discuss problems regarding the USB device not recognized, or the problem of the USB sticks not readable; before some days, I am also facing this issue.
I am trying some methods to solve this problem. We decided to further deep discussion and refer in general to the problem. The error ” USB device not recognized ” appears when we connect a mobile phone, a Pendrive, or any other device to the computer via USB but is not correctly detected by the computer.
Causes of the problem “USB device not recognized”
Before seeing the possible solutions to the error “USB device not recognized,” it is important to understand the causes of the problem. Below we briefly list the main causes:
- USB ports not active or not working
- USB drivers not updated
- OS (operating system)not updated
- Broken USB device
- Corrupt USB device firmware
How to fix the "USB device not recognized" problem on Windows
Here are 4 possible solutions to the problem, in case you have a Windows PC. Try them!
Troubleshoot USB problems
- Connect the USB device to the computer
- Access the “My Computer” icon on the desktop, and inside it, you should see, among the various disks, the “Removable Disk” item. Right-clicking on it opens this menu:
- From the menu that appears, click on “Properties,” and then the following window opens:
- Click on “Tools” and then click on the “Check Now” button to access the function to check and resolve any device problems. Click on “Start” to proceed with the verification
Another solution is to format the USB device, this obviously will lead to the deletion of the data, but you can still try to recover them through Data Recovery. To format the device, here are the steps to follow:
- Right-click on the device disk and then click on ” Format. “ This window opens:
Updating the drivers could also solve the problem of the USB device not recognized. To do this, here are the steps to follow:
- Click on the search icon at the bottom left of your PC and then type the command devmgmt.msc:
- The device management screen will open:
- Look for the item “Universal Serial Bus controllers”:
- The list of connected USB devices will open. Right-click on the one that presents the detection problems and then click on “Update Driver”:
This solution may fix the problem in case you haven’t made Windows updates.
- Log in to the control panel and then to System and Security
- Select the “Check for Updates” link
- The following screen will open. You will need to click Install Updates to proceed.
How to Troubleshoot USB device not recognized on Mac OSX
Here are some solutions that Mac OS X users could try to detect their unrecognized USB devices.
- Go to Applications> Utilities
- Under “Devices,” you will have to select the “Ask what to do” option and select the USB device
- Access the menu devices> external devices to connect the device to the USB port manually:
Reset RPAM on Mac OS
- Press the keys, as shown in the image below, to reset the RPAM:
Formatting the USB device on Mac
- Press command + space bar to access the applications folder after inserting the USB device.
- The USB device to be repaired is located on the left of the panel
- Click on the “ Erase ” button to proceed with the formatting:
History of USB
It is called Universal Serial Bus, but we all know it merely as USB. It is the interconnection standard for the transport of data – today also energy and video flows – which has been with us for over 20 years
The Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard officially debuted in 1996 – development started two years earlier – and is currently managed by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). We actually owe it to a collection of seven companies: Compaq, DEC, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, NEC, and Nortel.
The goal was to create a single connector to connect various external devices to the PC, obviously ensuring greater ease of use than previous solutions and higher speeds.
Ajay Bhatt(Intel designer), the person, has developed the USB standard.
After the above information, you should understand different ways to solve USB not recognized problem for Both window & mac. I hope after reading you all USB Not recognized problem was solved . For more questions and inquiries, let us know in the comments section below!